Friday, January 11, 2013

Gorgi's II Real Pit BBQ-Jacksonville,FL

  
Gorgi's sits up close to Edgewood Avenue, in an older area of Jacksonville just south of I-10. I passed by several times a week for quite a while before I realized it was not permanently closed like some of it's neighbors. The parking lot hidden behind the building was more than half full, so I was a little surprised to find the inside almost deserted as I entered.









   I stuck to the standard pork plate with baked beans. They offered a white cheddar mac and cheese, so I chose that as my second side. A good choice, as it was the high point of my meal.


The pork suffered from a severe lack of flavor. It was moist enough, but my guess is it got that way from being boiled in water. I attempted resuscitation with sauce, but unfortunately even they were bland. The beans and toast were ok. Nothing tasted bad; it just didn't taste like anything.
Gorgi's 2 Real Pit Bar-B-Que on Urbanspoon

FOOD RATING: 2 OF 5
OVERALL RATING: 3 OF 5


No comments: