Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Willard's Bar-B-Q Junction, Jacksonville, FL


Recently opened on Roosevelt Blvd. just north of Orange Park, Willard's caught my eye the other day while working nearby.There is no inside seating- it's mainly a drive through with limited parking. But I wanted to peruse the menu, so I ordered at the walk-up window:

I ended up choosing the sliced pork special with fries and slaw. It also included two slices of garlic toast. The whole order was ready quickly and served piping hot.The meat and garlic bread were very flavorful, while the cole slaw and fries were a little bland. I didn't care much for the sauce. It was very thin, tangy but with little actual flavor. Besides the bread, the portions were a little smaller than other places, but adequate for lunch. No real complaints here, though I can't say it was terribly impressive either. It would be worth a try if you're in the area.

FOOD RATING: 3 OF 5
OVERALL RATING: 3 OF 5




Willard's BBQ Junction on Urbanspoon

No comments: